Skip to main content Skip to footer

Buying a PRC house that has been repaired and has a certificate..

The house I want to buy is a non-standard construction. There has been remedial work done on it, the PRC panels have now been replaced with bricks and pebbledash. Is it now considered standard construction. I believe there are certificates to prove that the work was done. Would it still be hard to sell or mortgage? It is in a nice area and house prices are good there.

Asked on Nov 11 2009, General in Port Talbot | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 3 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • If it has been repaired in accordance with a government scheme and is certified then it should be safe to buy and ok to sell on: as with any house though it is sensible to have a survey done before entering into a commitment to purchase. If I can help in this respect please let me know. Thank you

    Answered on Feb 18 2010, Report content
  • Speaking from experience you would find it very hard, if not, impossible to secure a mortgage on this property regardless of whether it has a certificate. A short while ago Halifax were mortgaging them but now it seems they dont want to know. The other obvious issue is re-sale - if a property is hard to mortgage its hard to sell. If you find someone who will mortgage them please let me know!

    Answered on Oct 14 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Port Talbot questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General