Skip to main content Skip to footer

How much of a deposit has to be put down when buying a house ?

How much of a deposit has to be put down when buying a house ?

Asked on Sep 23 2010, House Prices in Swansea | Report content

Answers (4)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • 25 per cent excluding legal and solicitor fees which is approximately £3500-£4000

    Answered on Sep 24 2010, Report content
  • Normally 10% on exchange of contracts. But obviously you need the other 90% ready also.

    Answered on Sep 24 2010, Report content
  • Typically 10% but the larger the deposit you can put down the better the mortage rate and chance of getting a mortgage are, you will also need fees for solicitor. If you are selling a property then the deposit may be transfered up the chain and therefore you will not need it in cash if it is equity in your property.

    Answered on Sep 25 2010, Report content
  • Currently about 10% as a minimum, although the greater the deposit the better the mortgage deal you will be offered. You will also need money for legal and mortgage arrangement fees.

    Answered on Sep 28 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More House Prices in Swansea questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about House Prices