Skip to main content Skip to footer

Vender lie to us about the property

When we offer a price for buying a property he did not tell us that they need a grant of probate to sell the property. So now even after 2 months they are still waiting for probate and I'm stuck in the middle as I spend on survey and search. Should I wait more or back off? And what about the money I spend already?

Asked on Apr 24 2012, Selling in London | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Wait longer as you have spent the money, or walk away and lose the money. Trying to claim money back won't be so easy, best to either be patient or cut your losses.

    Answered on Apr 25 2012, Report content
  • Sorry - but the vendor did not LIE to you... they simply didn't tell you that the sale was an ongoing probate. I suggest you stick with it. There was obviously something (probably the price, as in the case of most probate sales...) that made you offer in the first place, so I see no reason to start getting cold feet at this point. If it takes much longer, you could ask for a contribution towards any additional costs you have incurred due to the delay - but don't pin your hopes on getting it. If you decide to withdraw, any monies that you have spent will be wasted - although you MAY be able to sell the searches to the next buyer.

    Answered on Apr 27 2012, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More Selling in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about Selling