With our first top 10 castles being our most popular of all the top ten features, we thought it deserved a second look.
Why are castles as homes so appealing? For us it’s the sheer presence and stature they bring. You couldn’t be more proud to live in any of these charming castles.
1. Built between 1906 and 1917 for the Duchess of Sutherland, it is believed to be the last castle to be built in Scotland.
Forty bedrooms in Sutherland, Scotland £1.2m – Savills
2. A wow property with wow views, what more could you want?
Four bedrooms in Tarbert, Scotland £875,000 – Bell Ingram
3. An impressive and imposing home that is sure to keep any princess happy.
Fourteen bedrooms in North Yorkshire £4.2m – Savills
4. Your very own castle style home at a fraction of the price.
Four bedrooms in North Devon £595,000 – Greenslade Taylor Hunt
5. This speaks for itself…
Sixteen bedrooms in Exeter £8m – Strutt & Parker
6. Aptly named Torcastle was transformed from an old stone shooting lodge by the late Grammy award-winning rock drummer Michael Lee.
Five bedrooms in Inverness £550,000 – Strutt & Parker
7. Like something from a fairy tale…we could see Rapunzel in that tower!
Seven bedrooms in Perthshire £1.4m – Rettie & Co
8. Absolutely breathtaking views to be had from this restored late thirteenth century Pele Tower.
9. A rare opportunity to purchase a stunning sixteenth century castle set in more than four acres of grounds.
10. Not only do you get this impressive castle but also included are two farmhouses, six cottages, traditional buildings, pasture, and woodland.
Twenty-six bedrooms in Herefordshire £12m – Knight Frank
Send us a link via Twitter to your #propertyoftheweek on Zoopla and our pick of the top ten will feature on the blog every Friday.
Some information contained herein may have changed since it was first published. Zoopla strongly advises you to seek current legal and/or financial advice from a qualified professional.