A beautifully improved and extended executive house in the Vale. Living room, home cinema, kitchen/ family room, sitting room, dining room, five bedrooms, games room, and more. Viewing by appointment .
This extensively improved desirable residence has substantial living accommodation that includes a galleried entrance hall, with porch and under-stairs cloakroom, principle living room, home cinema, luxury kitchen/ dining/ family room, utility room, dining room, sitting room, master bedroom with en-suite, study, games room, contemporary galleried landing overlooking the kitchen, principal bathroom, second bedroom with en-suite and three additional bedrooms.
Part of the original house reputedly dates back to the 16th century and still retains features associated with the period such as exposed stone fireplaces, timber beamed ceilings and a spiral stairwell.
Extensive extension work took place in the 20th century, and the current owners have also undertaken further alterations and improvements in the immediate past. These most recent contemporary updates have included the creation of a luxurious fitted kitchen/ diner with vaulted ceiling and partial under floor heating.
The property is approached from a brick paved driveway, with lawned verges, turning circle and access to a detached double garage, side access and wooded double doors to the house.
A well-lit galleried entrance hall is entered via a front porch, with a half turning stairway to the first floor, and access to downstairs cloakroom and downstairs accommodation.
Lounge 31' x 17' 6" ( 9.45m x 5.33m )
The principal living room has a front facing bow window and is flanked by two additional windows to the front and two side facing windows. A fuel burner heats the lounge, along with radiators, and doors lead off to the cinema room and kitchen.
Home Cinema 32' 8" x 17' 11" ( 9.96m x 5.46m )
A wonderful cinema room with screen to one end, three windows to the side, spiral staircase to the first floor, under floor storage, radiators and access to the kitchen.
Kitchen/ Diner 27' 4" narrowing to 23' 9" x 26' 9" ( 8.33m narrowing to 7.24m x 8.15m )
A superb refitted kitchen/ breakfast room with vaulted ceilings, contemporary picture windows, high gloss units, high spec appliances, under floor heating, contemporary gallery, and is an ideal focal hub for the house.
The central kitchen island houses a luxury range of base units with full height units alongside, integrated Meille ovens, stylish De Dietch induction hob, work tops and double sink unit.
Supplementary space around the kitchen affords ample space for dining and sitting areas, making this an ideal family room. Under foot, ceramic tiled flooring benefits from under-floor heating and the contemporary feel is completed by the aforementioned gallery area, which overlooks the kitchen from the second floor.
Utility 19' 8" x 5' 2" ( 5.99m x 1.57m )
A useful utility area houses kitchen work tops, with kitchen units, space for white goods, a stainless steel sink unit, sky light windows, additional window to rear and stable doors open to the garden at the side.
Cottage Dining Room 15' 11" x 14' 7" ( 4.85m x 4.45m )
Originally forming an original part of the house and reputed to date back to the16th century, this contrasting period reception room has an open fireplace with exposed stone surround, has timber-beamed ceilings and an in-built spiral stairwell to the first floor.
Cottage Sitting Room 16' 2" x 15' 2" ( 4.93m x 4.62m )
Front facing sitting room also originally part of the original build, with a fireplace of exposed stone with timber beam and fuel burner, timber beamed ceiling, and lit by widows to the front and side.
First Floor Accomodation
Master Bedroom Irregular Shaped Room 21' 5" narrowing to 11'9 x 16' 4" narrowing to 11'5 ( 6.53m narrowing to 11'9 x 4.98m)
Two front facing windows and two to the side, fitted wardrobes and en suite.
Four piece bathroom including a walk in shower, panelled bath, low level W.C., and a wash hand basin inset into a vanity unit.
Office 9' x 9' 10" ( 2.74m x 3.00m )
Office space with interior window.
Games Room 33' 8" x 18' 1" ( 10.26m x 5.51m )
Currently utilised as a billiards/ snooker room, with three windows to the side, spiral stairs linking to the Cinema Room below and French Doors open to the sun terrace.
Contemporary gallery over-looking the kitchen with linking landing to upstairs accommodation at the rear of the house.
Principal Bathroom 10' 5" x 9' 2" ( 3.18m x 2.79m )
Luxury bathroom suite with his and her's wash hand basins, W.C., roll top bath and walk in shower. Ceramic tiled floor with under floor heating, spot-lights, solar light and interior windows.
Bathroom Two 13' 10" x 11' 11" ( 4.22m x 3.63m )
Guest bedroom with rear facing window overlooking the rear garden and en suite.
Three piece en-suite including a low level W.C., wash hand basin and a walk in shower. Underfloor heating, spotlights and solar light.
Bedroom Four 14' 11" x 12' 11" ( 4.55m x 3.94m )
Originally part of the original house, picture windows overlook the paddock at side and the rear garden.
Bedroom Five 11' with limited head height x 8' 6" ( 3.35m with limited head height x 2.59m )
Smallest bedroom with side facing window.
Bedroom Three 16' x 15' 10" ( 4.88m x 4.83m )
Pretty bedroom with views from windows to the front and side of the house.
1. Money laundering regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract. The matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither Sequence (UK) limited nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.