An individually designed luxury apartment with stunning views, patio, communal gardens and parking. Open plan living room, 3 double bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, far reaching views. EPC Band C
This superb apartment is one of 14 created from the Carnarvon Arms Hotel, which was built in 1874 and was later converted into independent individual homes. Apartment 2 occupies an excellent position and enjoys an east/west aspect with wonderful views across the grounds and the river Barle to the fields beyond.
Brushford has a thriving community with a shop, village hall and church. The property is located approximately two miles from the popular town of Dulverton, which is a delightful little town nestling in the Barle Valley within the National Park and is well known as The Gateway to Exmoor. It provides good shopping facilities together with a bank, post office, chemist, doctors, dental and veterinary surgeries, library, primary and middle school and a well used town hall. There are also good recreational facilities including squash courts, all weather tennis courts and football and cricket pitches.
Tiverton is about 12 miles to the south and at Tiverton Parkway, adjacent to Junction 27 on the M5, there are fast train services to London Paddington.
The property is extremely well located for access to the varied footpaths and bridleways of Exmoor with Haddon Hill and Wimbleball Lake close by with its variety of water sports.
This exclusive apartment has been beautifully converted from the original historic hotel building, but whilst it retains character and charm it now incorporates a more modern style with contemporary fixtures and fittings and the shared formal gardens are carefully tended and give access to good walks over the polo fields and along the river bank.
The 4th Earl of Carnarvon initially built the Carnarvon Arms as a railway/market inn in 1874 to serve the newly established Devon and Somerset railway. Such was its success that a major extension in 1906 increased its capacity to 25 letting bedrooms and created the building that now contains these apartments.
The property was only ever run by two families, first the Nelders and then the Howells who purchased it in 1958. Post war the railway influence declined with the line finally closing in 1966. However, the hotel thrived under the Howells who developed an envied reputation for the property as a comfortable sporting hotel, much loved by the hunting, shooting and fishing fraternity. Sadly this was brought to an end by the foot and mouth outbreak of 2001 but a new era then began for this historic building. The conversion to 14 very special apartments was completed in 2004 and this wonderful building has a new life, whilst retaining much of the atmosphere and ambiance generated over the past 130 years, which would be impossible to create in a purpose built new development.
Access can be gained to this lovely apartment either through the main entrance or via its own designated front door and there is also a communal boot room adjacent to the apartment.
Through the front door there is a hall with access to the very spacious and light living room which incorporates the lounge, dining area and well-fitted kitchen and has windows overlooking the garden and across the polo field to the river. An inner hall leads to the main bedroom, which has a beautifully fitted en-suite shower room, the second and third bedrooms and the main bathroom. There is a large cupboard in the main hall housing the washer/dryer and providing storage.
A particular feature of this apartment is the patio reached through glazed doors and the stunning communal grounds beyond.
All the apartments have communal use of the beautiful grounds and number 2 also has the benefit of a separately owned patio. Also this apartment has the advantage of access from the grounds as well as via the grand hall. Within the building there is also a separate designated storage area with individual storage containers for each apartment.
Individually metered lp Gas, water and electricity. Central TV aerial, mains drainage.
The apartment is available to purchase on a 999 year lease.
From the M5 motorway, exit at junction 27 and take the A361 signposted to Tiverton. At the first roundabout turn right and follow the A396 north signposted Dulverton. Continue for approximately 12 miles and then take the B3222 to Exebridge. After two miles the pillared entrance to The Carnarvon Arms apartments will be found on the right hand side.
Band E (2011 / 2012)
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.