Manners & Harrison are extremely delighted to be able to offer for sale this beautifully restored and renovated four bedroomed detached farmhouse Circa 1783.
Manners & Harrison are extremely delighted to be able to offer for sale this beautifully restored and renovated four bedroomed detached farmhouse Circa 1783. The impressive accommodation briefly comprises of: Breakfast kitchen which is centrally situated so that all ground floor rooms run off from it, living room with countryside views and Inglenook fireplace with solid fuel stove, dining room, study, cloakroom, pantry and two staircases. To the first floor the notable master bedroom has countryside views and luxury en-suite. The fourth bedroom is currently used as a dressing room. Third bedroom has its own en-suite and staircase which runs to the kitchen and could be used as a separate granny annex or apartment. There is parking to the front of the property, a double integral garage and enclosed walled rear garden split on two levels with raised patio and lower lawn with stocked borders. Open farmland views.
As you approach the property there is a block paved frontage providing parking and storm porch which leads to the entrance door. The entrance door opens to a good sized open entrance hall.
With quarry tiled floor, port holed window to front aspect, single radiator.
With sash double glazed window to front aspect, high level WC, wash hand basin, heated towel rail and quarry tiled floor.
Breakfast Kitchen 19' 2" x 14' 11" ( 5.84m x 4.55m )
Double glazed window to rear aspect, French doors opening onto patio. Impressive pot tiled floor with under floor heating. Fitted kitchen units with granite worksurfaces which incorporate a inset stainless steel sink and drainer unit with routed drainer, Range cooker with canopy, integral dishwasher, integral fridge, twin radiator, original beams to ceiling and fireplace.
Living Room 19' 3" x 14' max point ( 5.87m x 4.27m max point )
Two double glazed sash windows to side aspect, two double glazed windows overlooking the garden with countryside views. French door to side aspect opening onto patio, two twin radiators, oak flooring, original beams, impressive brick Inglenook fireplace with solid fuel stove and inset lighting.
Dining Room 14' 11" x 14' 9" into alcove ( 4.55m x 4.50m into alcove )
Patio doors opening onto raised patio, oak flooring, beamed ceiling, two twin radiators and impressive polished steel fireplace with open fire.
From the kitchen you access the main staircase, there is an understairs cupboard and access to the downstairs study.
Study 12' x 7' 11" ( 3.66m x 2.41m )
With sash double glazed window to front aspect, twin radiator and quarry tiled floor.
Leads to a half landing with sash window to front aspect and then leading to the top landing with loft access.
Master Bedroom 21' 6" x 15' 5" ( 6.55m x 4.70m )
Sash double glazed window to rear aspect, two twin radiators and luxury en-suite with automatic lighting, double walk-in shower unit, wash hand basin, WC, bidet, part tiled walls, shaver point, spot lights to ceiling, heated towel rail and extraction fan. Access to the granny annex/studio/bedroom three via the main bedroom with lockable door.
Bedroom Two 15' 4" x 15' 3" into alcove ( 4.67m x 4.65m into alcove )
Sash double glazed window to rear aspect, twin radiator.
Bedroom Four 12' 5" x 8' ( 3.78m x 2.44m )
Sash double glazed window to front aspect, twin radiator. This room is currently used as a dressing room by the present owners.
Sash double glazed window to front aspect, central free standing slipper bath with brass mixer taps, wash hand basin, WC, bidet, extraction fan, spot lights to ceiling, tiled flooring and heated towel rail.
Bedroom Three/annex/apartment 14' 11" max point x 19' 6" max point incl stairs ( 4.55m max point x 5.94m max point incl stairs )
Double glazed sash window to side aspect, twin radiator, roof light to rear aspect.
En-Suite Shower Room
Double glazed window to front aspect, wash hand basin, corner shower cubicle, WC, heated towel rail, spot lights to ceiling, fully tiled. The staircase that services this bedroom leads down to the kitchen, with its own hallway and pantry.
Has tiled floor, single radiator, access to the pantry. The kitchen is accessed by an original door with etchings and is dated 1790. Double garage can be accessed via swing doors to the front of the property, tiled floor, plumbing for a washing machine, central heating boiler, access to the main house and rear courtyard with outhouse and oil tank.
The property is fronted with block paving for extra parking. There is a beautiful enclosed rear walled garden with raised patio and lower lawn with stocked borders and impressive countryside views.
South Field Farm: As you approach Great Stainton from Darlington, travelling along Elstob Lane, take a right hand turning onto The Glebe Road, you will find South Field Farm on your right hand side opposite the Kings Arms.
1. Money laundering regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract. The matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither sequence (UK) limited nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.