Nestled on the shores on the Rame Peninsula you will find Napoleonic Grade II Listed Fort Picklecombe. Within the Fort lies this one bedroomed apartment with spectacular panoramic sea and coastal views. Benefits include attractive private gardens, private access to the Beach, visitors parking and residents underground car park. Would make a lovely full time or second home. EPC Rating D.
Torpoint 5 miles, Plymouth City 8 miles, Cremyll Passenger Ferry 2 miles, Kingsand/Cawsand 2 miles (distances approximate)
Fort Picklecombe was commissioned in the 19th Century by Lord Palmerston. He ordered several Forts to be built in this area which would enable them to defend Devonport Naval Base. After the War the Fort stood derelict until the 1970's when developers bought the Fort and the conversion of 103 residential apartments took place.
The magnificent coastline of the Rame Peninsula and Edgecumbe House and Park are all within easy walking distance of Fort Picklecombe. Also nearby are the renowned beaches of Whitsand Bay with its fine golden sand, excellent swimming and surfing facilities. The city of Plymouth is easily accessible via the Torpoint Ferry or the Tamar Bridge. The Cremyll Ferry, a regular foot-passenger services, runs from Plymouth to Mount Edgcumbe with a second ferry running during the summer months from the Barbican in Plymouth to Cawsand Beach.
Communal stairs and lift giving access to Apartment 75. Door into communal Hallway.
Door into Entrance Hall.
Wall mounted electric heater. Door to Bedroom, Bathroom and Open Plan Living Area.
Coloured bathroom suite comprising low level w.C. Flush, pedestal wash hand basin. Tiled panelled bath with hand rail. Wall mounted electric shower. Fully tiled walls. Heated chrome towel rail.
Built-in white boxed cupboards and wardrobe with hanging space. The bedroom can be accessed from the Hallway and Sitting Room and is separated by vertical blinds. Fitted bed with matching bedside cabinets.
Open plan area
Sitting Room. Aluminium double glazed sliding doors leading to the Balcony giving spectacular sea and coastal views. Electric heater. Storage cupboard.
Stone flooring and glazed rails. Sea and coastal views to the villages of Kingsand and Cawsand, Penlee Point, Plymouth and surrounding areas.
Space for table and chairs.
Range of low level base and matching wall mounted units complimented by a roll edge work surface. Double sink with Swan mixer tap over. Integral four ring electric hob and double electric oven. Space for fridge. Louvered doors opening into storage cupboard.
Attractive communal gardens boasting lawns, raised flower borders with numerous well established shrubs and plants. Residents can also enjoy the luxury of a heated Swimming Pool located within the gardens. There is a private beach, harbour, slipway and tennis courts. Further facilities include a laundry room, residents lounge, residents and visitors parking. Boat storage and moorings are available via separate negotiations.
Allocated residents underground parking. Separate visitors car parking.
Mains water and electricity. Private drainage.
Council Tax Band B.
Cornwall Council, Luxstowe House, Greenbank Road, Liskeard, PL14 3DZ. Telephone:
Fixtures and fittings
All items in the written text of these particulars are included in the sale. All others are expressly excluded regardless of inclusion in any photographs. Purchasers must satisfy themselves that any equipment included in the sale of the property is in satisfactory order.
Strictly by appointment only through Marchand Petit Torpoint Office .
From the Torpoint Ferry follow the A374 to Antony. Take the B3247 to Millbrook and continue on to Kingsand/Cawsand. Carry on past the right hand turning to Kingsand/Cawsand and follow the signs to Mount Edgcumbe, Cremyll and Fort Picklecombe. Fort Picklecombe is signed on your right hand side. Turn right then take the first left. Follow the road and this will take you to Fort Picklecombe. Visitors gated parking can be found on the left hand side. Entry to the Fort can be found further down next to the Post Box on the right hand side.
1. These particulars are for guidance only. They are prepared and issued in good faith and are intended to give a fair description of the property, but do not constitute part of an offer or contract.
2. Any description or information given should not be relied on as a statement or representation of fact that the property or its services are in good condition. Neither Marchand Petit, nor any of its employees, has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to the property.
3. The photographs show only certain parts and aspects of the property at the time they were taken. Any areas, measurements or distances given are approximate only.
4. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any regulations or other consent has been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending purchaser.
5. Descriptions of a property are inevitably subjective, and the descriptions contained herein are used in good faith as an opinion and not by way of statement of fact. If any points of particular importance need clarifying before viewing, please do not hesitate to contact our office.