Set in generous enclosed gardens and screened from the road by an established hedge, this attractive mature detached chalet bungalow offers deceptive and versatile living space with all principal rooms to the ground floor. A striking feature is the extensive conservatory which connects the accommodation to the sunny terrace and the property has also benefitted recently from being rewired.
Torino stands just a short saunter to the local shops at Barton and within close proximity to the comprehensive amenities at the Willows. Easy access is also gained to Newton Abbot ideal for those wishing to commute to Exeter or beyond on the M5 by road, or by rail with direct links to London and the major cities.
Our company have the pleasure to offer this quality home and an early accompanied viewing is highly recommended.
- Screened from the road, high double wooden gates open to the vehicular parking and garaging of Torino with an additional matching arched wooden pedestrian gate opening to the paved pathway leading to the extensive terrace. Two sets of PVCu double glazed French doors open to:-
Generous Conservatory/Sun Room
- 'L' shaped measuring at max 30' 9" x 11' 6" (9.37m x 3.50m) - Running the full width of the property with PVCu double glazed surround and opening skylights for additional air and ventilation. Ceramic tiled floor and four plug in electric heaters which will remain enabling this room to be used all year round. Attractive stained glass obscure heavy panelled entrance door opens to:-
- 27' 9" x 6' 1" (8.47m x 1.85m) - with lofty ceiling height, picture rails, dado rails, durable oak effect flooring, two radiators and telephone point. Hardwood panelled doors lead to the principle rooms and a bevelled glass paned hardwood door opens to the:-
- 12' 0" x 12' (3.67m x 3.65m) - A particular feature of this room are the folding French doors opening directly to the conservatory. Cotswold stone carved fireplace with open fire. Parquet flooring, picture rails, telephone point and television point with sky connection.
- 21' 9" x 12' 2" (6.64m x 3.70m) - This room benefits from a dual aspect with double glazed sliding patio door and additional picture window giving direct access to the rear paved garden and two further PVCu double glazed windows to the side elevation. Solid wood flooring. Feature fireplace with carved surround and mantel, granite hearth and electric living flame effect log burner. Solid wood flooring, picture rails, two radiators, television point with sky connection, telephone point, fitted shelving and bottom cupboards to one alcove.
- 12' 1" x 10' 11" (3.68m x 3.34m) - Feature mahogany fire surround with marble hearth, teak parquet flooring, picture rails, radiator and fitted storage cupboards to the alcoves. PVCu double glazed window to the side elevation and doorway leading through to the:-
- 12' x 10' 3" (3.65m x 3.13m) - Fitted with a quality range of birch fronted units in a plank design comprising base cupboards and drawers with matching wall mounted cabinets incorporating glass fronted china display cupboards with inset downlighters and glass shelving. Roll edge granite effect work surfaces with inset one and half bowl Franke sink unit with central chrome mixer tap and single drainer. Matching granite effect splashbacks to work surfaces areas with brushed chrome power points. Space for cooker with Siemens filter hood over and glass splashback, integrated Bosch dishwasher and space for free standing fridge/freezer. Slate effect ceramic tiled floor. Wooden framed double glazed window to the side elevation and glazed door opening to:-
- Slate effect tiled flooring. Matching work surfaces in high gloss granite effect as the kitchen. Range of base cupboards and wall cabinets with space and plumbing for automatic washing machine. Ideal Classic gas fired boiler. Single glazed wooden surround with door giving access to the rear garden.
- 12' 1" x 12' 0" (3.69m x 3.66m) - A dual aspect with double glazed sliding patio door and matching side picture window opening directly to the Conservatory/Sun Lounge with an additional double glazed window to the side elevation. Parquet flooring, picture rails and two radiators.
Ground Floor Shower Room
- Fitted with a quality white suite comprising corner shower cubicle with glazed screens and stone tray, pedestal wash hand basin and close WC. Part tiled walls, inset ceiling downlighters, tiled floor and obscure PVCu double glazed window to the rear elevation.
From the reception hall a turned staircase with newel posts and open spindles rises to first floor landing with double glazed Velux rooflight providing ample natural light to the stairs and landing areas. Radiator and traditional white panelled doors leading to the separate rooms.
- 10' 9" x 9' 9" (3.28m x 2.98m) - PVCu double glazed windows to the front elevation. Character sloping ceiling, laminate floor covering and radiator.
- 10' 10" x 9' 9" (3.29m x 2.96m) - PVCu double glazed windows to the front elevation, character sloping ceiling, laminate flooring and radiator.
- 12' 5" x 6' 6" plus recess for window (3.78m x 1.98m) - Currently used as a dressing room with character sloping ceiling, laminate flooring, radiator and PVCu double glazed window to the side elevation.
- Fitted with a light suite comprising corner bath with central Victorian style shower attachment taps and mosaic tiled panel, pedestal wash hand basin and close coupled WC. Part tiled walls, tiled floor, radiator, inset ceiling downlighters and generous airing cupboard with factory lagged cylinder and slat shelving ideal for linen storage. Obscure PVCu double glazed window to the side elevation.
- Secure double gates open to the vehicular parking area with space for two vehicles when closed and three vehicles when open which in turn leads to the:-
Pitched Roof Garage
- 16' 10" x 10' 3" (5.12m x 3.13m) - Lead braced and battened double doors, PVCu obscure double glazed windows and to the rear of the garage there is an outside cloakroom.
- From the garage and parking area a slight stepped approach rises to the most attractive terrace and lawned front garden with decorative balustrade, flower and shrub borders. A high mature hedge gives complete privacy and screening to this wonderful area.
The side of the property has been concrete patioed for ease of maintenance with raised beds and a pitched tiled roof storage shed. The rear garden has been laid to patio for ease of maintenance and is fully enclosed with fenced boundaries. A selection of mature trees once again give privacy and seclusion to this area. Throughout the garden there are mature fig trees, Cypress Trees, mature fir, bay, fruit tree, ash and Magnolia. The hedging is New Zealand Flax.
Council Tax Band
Entering Torquay on the Riviera Way turn left at the traffic lights onto Browns Bridge Road heading into to The Willows Shopping Centre. Continue straight over two roundabouts remaining on Browns Bridge Road and on reaching the third continue straight on into Beechfield Avenue. At the traffic lights turn left into Barton Hill Road then second right into Clennon Lane and Isaacs Road will immediately bear left. Torino stands on the left hand side.