A quite unique detached coach house property located in the beautiful coastal area just minutes from Maidencombe Cove and the south west coastal footpath. Quietly tucked away in it's own lovely garden, Orestone Cottage was once the coach house and stabling to the nearby Orestone Manor, now an exclusive country house hotel.
The property was extended some years ago when a superb and most impressive new sitting room was formed which opens onto the private gardens which enjoy sea glimpses into the bay. This lovely room has a high vaulted ceiling with limed exposed beams and fine old Minster stone fireplace with open hearth. Within a short car journey of St Marychurch and Torquay Town Centre, the property is also well placed for access to Newton Abbot and Teignmouth with a regular bus service available at the top of the road running to the Torquay Town Centre and Exeter.
An individual country home within easy reach of beaches and local amenities
- The property is approached by a most attractive entrance with natural oiled oak front door with glazed panels and matching side screen and windows opening to the triangular shaped entrance vestibule.
- Terracotta tiled flooring, radiator and a most attractive Victorian stripped pine door with original coloured cut glass panels opens to the:-
- 13' 8" x 10' 6" (4.16m x 3.19m) - High rise contemporary radiator, oak flooring, glass finish sliding doors to full width cupboard/wardrobe area and second deep store cupboard/wardrobe. PVCu double doors and window with front aspect. Door to storeroom.
- 5.04m x 1.90m (16' 6" x 6' 3") - Laminate working surface with storage cupboard above, recess for shelves and stainless steel sink unit with cupboards under. Radiator, fluorescent light and terracotta tiled flooring. PVCu double glazed door leading to the rear passage way.
From the Vestibule a door opens into the:-
- Original exposed stone fireplace, now whitewashed, giving character to the entrance area. Period style radiator and cupboard housing the Worcester gas fired boiler for central heating and domestic hot water.
- 13' 7" x 12' 4" (4.15m x 3.77m) - This is a ground floor bedroom with recessed PVCu window. Coved ceiling, tubular radiator and television point. Natural pine door opening to oak steps offering occasional garden access. Large walk-in double wardrobe room with radiator.
En-Suite Shower Room
- A most unusual luxury shower room with a complete area dedicated as a wet room/shower with the latest design in stainless steel and tiled walls with Mira Sport Max shower. Twin wash basins with chrome monobloc mixer taps set in massive polished oak base with storage cupboards beneath. Chrome heated towel rail, shaver point, fitted wall mirrors, tiled floor, underfloor heating and downlighters.
15' 5" x 11' 11" (4.70m x 3.63m) - with laminate finish floor covering, coved ceiling, two ceiling spotlights, radiator with cover and PVCu double glazed window set in deep bay.
En-Suite Shower Room
- Close coupled WC, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, half tiled walls, extractor fan.
From the Reception Hall a superb hand built solid oak staircase features plate glass screens and is designed in an attractive turned dog leg design rises to the first floor landing with PVCu double glazed window and doors to the separate rooms.
- 19' 11" x 14' 3" (6.07m x 4.35m) - A family kitchen with cream finish units comprising base cupboards and drawers and matching wall cupboards, glass and china display shelf and bottle rack. Solid wood block work surfaces over with inset stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap. Fitted two oven range with cooker hood above. Provision for fitted dishwasher and space for American style fridge/freezer. Space for family size dining room table, oak plank flooring, coved ceiling, period style tubular radiator with covers and double oak bi-fold double glazed doors leading out to the garden. Double glazed window overlooking gardens and a Velux roof light. From the kitchen a panelled Victorian door with coloured leaded light panels opens to the:-
Delightful Sitting Room
- 20' 9" x 19' 6" (6.32m x 5.94m) - This room is a focal point of the property featuring full height gabled ceiling with limed timber work and exposed beams. A magnificent Minster stone fireplace with wide flag stone hearth and fitted living flame gas fire in baronial style fire basket forms a centre point to this most delightful room. Three radiators behind covers, two wall light points and centre chandelier lighting point. Double opening French doors to the garden and terrace beyond. Second set of PVCu double glazed doors opening to the garden and a third single French door opening to the sun terrace.
- 13' 6" into bay x 12' 2" plus wardrobes (4.12m x 3.72m) - Fitted triple wardrobe with dressing mirror door. Coved ceiling, period style tubular radiator and walk-in PVCu bay window.
- Recently re-fitted with luxury double ended bath and central chrome mixer tap, plate glass wall mirror, large shower cubicle with wide plate glass door with chrome fittings, Close coupled W.C, circular wash basin set in Travertine marble surround with chrome mixer tap and plate glass shelf beneath. Tiled wall in high quality contemporary style with dado tiled detailing. Chrome heated towel rail.
- The garden is very private and is tucked away with a lovely spacious decked patio area leading directly from the kitchen for dining in clement weather. Beyond this is a lawn and this curves around the house with interesting areas and a selection of shrubs and trees. A few wide steps lead to the double French doors into the sitting room and pretty sea peeps are enjoyed from this area.
A path leads down to the front forecourt where parking is provided for four vehicles.
From our offices in St Marychurch take the coast road towards Teignmouth (A379) passing Watcombe Heights Road on your right hand side and at the brow of the hill you will pass the Brunel Manor on your left hand side. Take the next turning on your right hand side, signposted Orestone Manor Hotel and Rock House Lane. Orestone Cottage will be found second on the right hand side just before the hotel.