Land for sale
Hadlow Road, Tonbridge TN9
- Block of Low Lying Agricultural Land
- 67.76 Acres (27.41 Hectares)
- Long Frontage to the River Medway
A block of low lying Agricultural Land extending to 67.76 Acres (27.42 Hectares) with long frontage to the River Medway (800 plus meters single bank). Situation: The land is located on the immediate eastern outskirts of the town of Tonbridge in Kent. Tonbridge offers a range of recreational, shopping and educational facilities. The land is accessed off the A26 which provides good access to the M20 which links up with the national motorway network. Tonbridge mainline railway station offers direct services to London and the Coast.
Description: Accessed over the right of way through Tanyard Farm which leads to a bridge over the ditch (in need of upgrading) the land comprises, a block of low lying Grade III arable land extending in all to 67.76 acres (27.42 hectares). The land is subdivided into a number of smaller fields by a network of drainage ditches. It has in excess of 800m frontage to the River Medway on its south-eastern border. The land is divided by a central spine road running through it which the purchaser will have a right of way over at all times.
1) Prospective purchasers should be aware that the vendors will be retaining the hardcore track running through the land (shown hatched on the plan) but a right of way will be granted over it at all times. No access is available from the Tonbridge Road over the existing access road which connects to the track referred to above.
2) The fishing rights on the frontage of the Medway are let to the Tonbridge & District Angling and Fish Preservation Society who are holding over by virtue of a Lease dated 12th October 2010 and the current rent is £1, 000 per annum.
Services: There are no services connected.
Single farm payment: A proportion of the Single Farm Payment Entitlements will be included within the sale price and will be transferred to the buyers after completion.
Tenant right: The purchaser will be required at completion to reimburse the seller for contract costs of establishing
the current crop.
Local authority: Tonbridge & Malling District Council, Gibson Building, Gibson Drive, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4LZ. Telephone:
Directions: The postcode is TN9 1PD which takes you to Tanyard Farm. The land is accessed over a right of way through Tanyard Farm as shown coloured brown on the plan. From Tonbridge town centre, head north on the High Street and then follow the A227 on to the Hadlow Road and the property is located about half a mile on the right-hand side.
Viewing: At any reasonable time during daylight hours having notified the Auctioneers. Please do not park in the yard at the end of the right of way which belongs to a neighbour.
For more information about this property, please contact
Lambert & Foster, TN12 on 01892 310016 (local rate)
View all Hadlow Road property for sale