Planning consent for a 3 bedroom family home • Rare opportunity in this location • Stunning rural views to rear • Garage and off road parking provision in plans • Desirable village location • Ideal for commuters • Extending to 275m² in all
Hamsterley is a thriving and popular village lying to the east of the A68. It supports a public house, primary school and church and comprises an interesting variety of houses and cottages. Adjoining is the renowned Hamsterley Forest which offers wonderful opportunities for recreational pursuits. The surrounding towns of Darlington, Barnard Castle, Bishop Auckland and Crook provide a further range of shopping, educational and recreational facilities. For the commuter the A68 and A1(M) provide links with the major commercial centres of the north east. Darlington mainline railway station and Durham Tees Valley International Airport offer further communications to the rest of the country. Many of the regions renowned beauty spots can be found within a short drive, beyond which are the delights of North Yorkshire, the Lake District, Northumberland and the East Coast.
Plans have been granted on this site for the construction of a 3 bedroom dwelling, with integral garage, which will enjoy open rural views to the rear, and will be nestled into a good sized plot providing gardens, grounds and off road parking. The proposed layout will provide entrance into hall and stairway, leading to a good sized living room. To the rear is a spacious kitchen/dining room with French doors out into the garden, together with a utility room and ground floor WC.
To the first floor, there will be three double bedrooms, the master with en suite shower room and double fitted wardrobes, together with family bathroom. The rear garden will adjoin open countryside, and enjoys stunning and rural views south, whilst to the front of the property, there will be good sized block paved driveway providing private off road parking.
The planning reference for this development is 6/2012/0199/dm, which can be accessed online through the Durham County planning portal. The consent was granted on 6th September 2012, and is understood to have 3 years from this date until expiry. The site in its entirety extends to 275m².
1. The buyer will be responsible for the erection and maintenance of all boundaries to the site.
2. The purchaser will contract to complete the development externally within 2 years of purchase.
3. The driveway will be owned by 1 Saunders Avenue, however full rights of way will be granted upon purchase. The maintenance of this access will be shared between the 2 properties.
4. The vendor would consider the sale of 1 Saunders Avenue, together with gardens and grounds, including the building plot by separate negotiation. The (Energy efficiency rating X) energy performance certificate for this property can be obtained from George F White, Wolsingham office.
5. It is understood that services are available close by for connection of supply, though purchasers should satisfy themselves as to the costs and availability of this connection.
From the A68 head westwards into Hamsterley, pass the central crossroad where the subject property will be found on the left hand side.