Skip to main content Skip to footer

Property for sale in Wirral

Area Guide
1 - 25 of 2,173  
Keywords and filters like garden and parking live here
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 87 Next

** Calls to this number will be recorded for quality, compliance and training purposes.

Latest Wirral property for sale
Zoopla is one of the UK's leading property portals, helping you to find property for sale and to rent and make smarter decisions when buying and renting homes in the UK. Discover information on homes in Wirral by researching Wirral property values, Wirral house prices paid, our Wirral property market overview and find Wirral agents.

The local area guide to living in Wirral: The Local Area Guide

Located between the River Dee and the River Mersey, Wirral is a peninsular and metropolitan borough that offers a mix of urban areas and scenic villages, complemented by stunning coastlines. It sits on the coast of the Irish Sea and is close to the English-Welsh border and is composed of many towns and villages, giving a coastal lifestyle without compromising on convenient links to the rest of the country.

Sandstone houses and long, white-sand beaches make up the charming seaside towns in the area, while the rural villages are made up of rich greenery. Watersports such as surfing and activities like seal spotting are some favoured pastimes both by locals and visitors. Bigger towns in the region include Birkenhead, Ellesmere Port and New Brighton. Historically wholly contained within Cheshire, only the southern part of Wirral can be considered part of Cheshire county in modern times. In spite of this, the area still enjoys a similar level of affluence and desirability.

Information about the local residents

There are around 300,000 residents in Wirral. Around 190,000 of those are of working age, but unemployment is high in the area – despite the average wage being higher than the national average. This is likely due to it being a popular destination for retirees, as well as the general affluence of the area. 95% of the population identify as White British, with the majority of the remaining 5% coming from minority black and Asian groups.

There is a variety of industry in the area, with many residents employed in the public sector – such as at the child protection agency – and others in the food and drink or pharmaceutical industries. There’s also a strong ship-building and repairing industry in Birkenhead.

Nearby schools

There are plentiful options for pupils in Wirral, with 91 primary and 22 secondary schools including a mix of both state and independent institutions. There are also a notable number of high-achieving grammar schools including Wirral Grammar School for Girls and Calday Grange Grammar School.

The area has a high standard of education and exam results are higher than the national average. A remarkable 31 schools in the area have achieved an ‘Outstanding’ rating from Ofsted, including Raeburn Primary School, Town Lane Infant School, Weatherhead High School and the two aforementioned grammar schools.

Getting around

There are convenient rail links into Wirral from a number of nearby towns and cities such as Liverpool – which is also accessible via two road tunnels. For a more unusual, and musically famed, travel option, the Mersey ferry also links up Liverpool and Wirral.

Public transport is also available, with convenient rail links to Chester, West Kirby and New Brighton available and a tram system within Birkenhead town. A number of towns and cities have regular bus routes running throughout the centre and surrounding areas.

Local shops

One of the area’s major centres is Birkenhead, which is famed for its indoor market. There are stalls selling local produce, artisan gifts and trinkets, clothes and fabrics. For high street shopping, it’s only a short journey to Liverpool, which has an abundance of shopping centres as well as plenty of pubs, eateries and bars on offer.

Some of the smaller towns in the area are great for exploring scenery and taking in the great outdoors. Activities like golf, hiking and watersports make great entertainment for locals and tourists alike. A wide selection of independent cafes and boutiques give a community feel and make the most of the beautiful surroundings of this uniquely placed region of England.

Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure the above information is up to date, some inaccuracies may occur. If you notice any inaccuracies please contact

All information was correct at time of publication and is provided in good faith.

Narrow your search by property type