Skip to main content Skip to footer

Property for sale in Worcestershire

Area Guide
1 - 25 of 1,993  
Keywords and filters like garden and parking live here
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 80 Next

** Calls to this number will be recorded for quality, compliance and training purposes.

Latest Worcestershire property for sale
Zoopla is one of the UK's leading property portals, helping you to find property for sale and to rent and make smarter decisions when buying and renting homes in the UK. Discover information on homes in Worcestershire by researching Worcestershire property values, Worcestershire house prices paid, our Worcestershire property market overview and find Worcestershire agents.

The local area guide to living in Worcestershire: The Local Area Guide

Worcestershire’s scenery is like something out of a storybook – and according to urban legend, it may just be. It’s said that this area inspired Tolkien when he created the famous Shire of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. It’s not hard to imagine when you take in the rolling hills of the Cotswolds, the county’s two central rivers (which, while scenic, contribute to flooding during wet seasons) and the bountiful orchards at the outskirts. Other famous products of the area are Royal Porcelain and, of course, Worcestershire sauce.

The county city is small but lively, thanks to a thriving student population. While the cathedral and surrounding areas maintain a historic appearance, much development has taken place over recent years. Housing prices are reasonable, although not as cheap as local areas such as Kidderminster which along with Redditch and Bromsgrove all surround Birmingham though have quite different atmospheres. Redditch is newer and busier, while Bromsgrove is smaller and calmer, with charming old buildings that contribute to higher house prices.

Information about the local residents

Worcester has a population of approximately 557,000, which is divided between six districts. The most heavily populated district is Wychavon, which has around 117,000 residents, while Malvern Hills has just 74,700. More than 70% of residents live in urban areas, while around 20% live in rural villages or hamlets.

92% of the population identify as White British, with the remaining 8% comprising non-white British backgrounds of black and Asian ethnicity. The town is relatively youthful with locals aged 16-64 making up the majority of the population at 63%, children aged 0-15 and individuals of retirement age are almost equal at 18% and 19% respectively.

Nearby schools

There are a number of well-rated schools in the area, and a high number of private schools at both primary and secondary level. Some of the 35 independent schools include RGS Worcester, King’s School and Malvern St James. Many of the most highly ranked primary schools are located in the county’s small market towns.

For higher education, the main option is the University of Worcester, which is one of the UK’s fastest growing universities.

Getting around

Motorists will find it easy to get into and around Worcester, thanks to the well-connected M5 that runs from Birmingham to Bristol and beyond. There are smaller roads that run throughout the county, although they can be subject to flooding during heavy rains.

Regular rail connections to major cities and surrounding areas at several stations including Worcester Foregate Street and Worcester Shrub hill. Local bus routes also connect the surrounding areas and are ideal not only for daily travel but for leisurely exploration of the surrounding countryside, the Malvern Hills, for example, are easily reached by bus route 44B. Worcester is easily traversed by foot and features many historical cobbled streets and quaint town centres that places everything in easy reach.

Local shops

Worcestershire is most popular for its countryside, with the famous Cotswolds and the stunning Malvern Hills right on the doorstep. There are walking and cycling trails all around the area, as well as centres for outdoor sports and leisure pursuits.

There are also plenty of city-based activities such as shopping on offer – particularly in Worcester itself. As well as high street and independent stores, there’s a selection of eateries and pubs, a cinema and a number of stores selling local produce which are celebrated in annual harvest festivals.

Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure the above information is up to date, some inaccuracies may occur. If you notice any inaccuracies please contact

All information was correct at time of publication and is provided in good faith.

Narrow your search by property type