McCarthy & Stone - Morpeth, NE61
Special Offer available
Retirement living - Independence with peace of mind for the over 60s
This new McCarthy & Stone Retirement Living development boasts a central location in the historic market town of Morpeth. You can explore all that Morpeth has to offer by foot from the development and access a wide range of amenities. The development consists of 28 one bedroom apartments and 27 two bedroom apartments, available exclusively for those over 60.
As well as you owning a beautiful apartment to be proud of, this development will provide everything you would expect from a McCarthy and Stone Retirement Living development.
- Sought after market town location with a wide range of shops, cafes, restaurants and other amenities
- Stunning riverside apartments with unrestricted views, adjacent to conservation area
- You can enjoy the company of friends and neighbours in the Homeowners' Lounge
- 24 hour emergency call system
- Take a walk in the beautiful landscaped garden, knowing it will be fully maintained on your behalf
- Feel secure in the knowledge there is a House Manager on hand to provide you with help and support should you need it at any time during the day
- Have friends or family over to stay in the comfortable guest suite*
- Secure video entry system
- Selected apartments have balconies with view of the beautiful landscaped gardens.
- Onsite parking available
Planning has now been apporved and construction start date, sales release and first occupation are still to be confirmed.Local area
Located in the heart of Northumberland, Morpeth is known for its natural beauty, rich history and as a gateway to all that Northumberland has to offer. If you like shopping, Morpeth is a dream destination. On the town’s high street, you’ll find all your favourite brands and labels, as well as a few local shops for unique gifts and treasures. You can’t miss Rutherfords, an old-fashioned department store that has been trading since 1846. Morpeth is more than just clothes shopping though as there’s also a bustling weekly market every Wednesday, as well as the Morpeth Farmers Market on the first Saturday of the month. Pick up fresh produce from local farmers, as well as handmade arts and crafts.
Local attractions include a 17th century clock tower, an impressive town hall and Morpeth Chantry, a 13th century chapel where you’ll find the tourist information centre and the Morpeth Chantry Bagpipe Museum.
For natural beauty, make sure you visit the colourful Carlisle Park where you can go river boating or play a game of tennis or bowls. Just a 20-minute drive from the city centre is the refreshing Druridge Bay, where you can get away from city life and enjoy the remote seven-mile sandy beach and wild dunes.
For days out, you can head to Newcastle, an easy drive on the A1, which also links Morpeth to Edinburgh and beyond. Bus services run from near the McCarthy & Stone development to Newcastle upon Tyne, Berwick, Amble, Hexham and Carlisle, and London is only a three hour train ride away.See for yourself
If you would like to investigate the quality and atmosphere of a McCarthy & Stone development, visit our closest site to this development at Kenton Lodge, Newcastle Upon Tyne.
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.