Ortus Homes at Emerson Court, DL3
Special Offer available
Retirement living - Ortus Homes - Downsize for the leisure years. Available exclusively to the over 55s in feel good locations
Secluded luxury in a sought-after location.
Exclusive to people aged 55 and over, Emerson Court is a collection of luxury apartments offering spacious and flexible living designed to the highest specification. As the only development of its kind in the highly desirable West End residential area of Darlington, this represents a truly unique opportunity.
Intelligent interior design is matched by generous outdoor space with extensive landscaped gardens which are maintained on behalf of our homeowners. Emerson Court enjoys tree-lined seclusion within mature grounds with easy access to local amenities, Darlington town centre and fast links by rail and road to Leeds and Newcastle.
- Highly sought after West End location
- Less than 1.5 miles to the town centre
- Set in spacious, mature landscaped grounds with an ornate central pergola and tree lined terrace
- Homeowners' lounge for relaxing and socialising
- Varied shopping facilities and local amenities within easy access of this contemporary development
- Strong historical and cultural identity with plenty of great local attractions
- Intelligently designed for easy living
- Private balcony or patios to all apartments
- Private allocated parking
- Finished to a high specification throughout including underfloor heating and designer kitchens
- The only development of its kind in the area
Welcoming first homeowners: Spring 2017Local area
Darlington is a market town in Country Durham, located on the banks of the River Skerne. The town's history was linked with that of local Quaker families during the Victorian era, and it was famous as the terminus of the world's first passenger railway. Today, Darlington is the gateway to North England's moors and dales, and the rugged Pennine Way to the west.
The town itself is known for its bustling outdoor and indoor markets, held every week right under the town clock on Prebend Row. The pedestrian-only centre has plenty of good-quality shopping, with a variety of high-end boutiques, as well as restaurants, local shops and everyday amenities. Darlington also has several notable historic buildings, such as the 12th-century St Cuthbert's Church, one of the most important Early English churches in the north.
For a nice walk, you can wander around the 91-acre South Park, which is full of colourful flowerbeds. Music lovers can enjoy the Darlington Jazz Club or even join the Darlington Orchestra, which welcomes players of all ages and levels. The town also has a beautifully refurbished old cinema, The Majestic, a Forum Music Centre and a Grade II-listed library.
Darlington is located in a prime position, and has plenty of excellent transport options – the town is an important interchange on the East Coast Main Line and is easy to reach by the A1. Newcastle upon Tyne is an hour away, and Middlesbrough is less than 30 minutes away by car.
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.