Bookend House is aptly named being a period end of terrace house benefiting from a corner plot with private and secure garden areas ideal for children, pets and entertaining in clement weather. The spacious principle rooms, sensible bedrooms and modern kitchen and bathroom facilities make this a wonderful family home.
Thurlow Hill is centrally located for the amenities at Torquay's Town Centre and the local Plainmoor shops with local Schools also within comfortable walking distance.
An early viewing is highly recommended to appreciate this character property which is deceptive from the exterior.Approach
- From Thurlow Hill an arched wooden gate opens to the pathway and slight stepped approach leading to the PVCu double glazed:-Entrance Porch
- with tiled floor, polycarbonate roof, power points and osbscure glazed internal door opening into the:-Entrance Vestibule
- with traditional panelled doors leading to the separate rooms.Sitting Room
- 16' 1" x 13' (4.89m x 3.96m) - A spacious room with an elegant feature fireplace with cast iron insert, tiled hearth and decorative surround and mantel (open and working). Coved ceiling, central ceiling rose, dado rails, double radiator, television point, laminate flooring in an Oak effect and deep skirting boards. Aluminium double glazed sliding patio door with matching sidescreen picture window with direct access and a pleasant view over the enclosed courtyard garden.Kitchen/Dining Room
- 15' 9" x 11' 10" (4.80m x 3.61m) - A bright and spacious room with a range of light Beech effect shaker style units with brushed chrome handles comprising base cupboards and drawers, wall mounted cabinets incorporating glass fronted china display cabinets with glazed shelving and recessed downlighters. Roll edged working surfaces in a granite effect with inset one and a half bowl stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap and single drainer and high gloss black bevelled tiled splashbacks. Fitted wine rack, space and plumbing for automatic dishwasher, fitted Diplomat electric oven with matching four ring gas hob over and filter hood with glass canopy. Space for free standing fridge/freezer, breakfast bar, coved ceiling, fully tiled floor, double radiator, generous understairs storage cupboard with fitted shelving and light. PVCu double glazed tilt and turn window giving access to the front patio garden and side, full height picture window.
From the kitchen/dining room two steps lead down to the:-Office/Utility
- 11' 3" x 6' 7" (3.42m x 2.00m) - with matching tiled floor followed through from the kitchen. Deep utility/storage cupboards with space and plumbing for automatic washing machine and tumble dryer, fitted recessed shelving and a modern Baxi gas fired boiler. Sloping ceiling with recessed inset downlighters. PVCu double glazed window and PVCu obscure double glazed door giving direct access to the main lawned garden. Modern
white panelled door to:-Cloakroom
white suite of close coupled WC and pedestal wash hand basin with central chrome mixer tap. Recessed ceiling downlighter.
From the entrance vestibule stairs rise to the first floor landing with radiator, loft access hatch and traditional panelled doors leading to the separate rooms.Bedroom 1
- 13' 1" x 10' 2" (3.99m x 3.10m) - PVCu double glazed window overlooking the courtyard garden. Coved ceiling, telephone point, television aerial point and radiator.Bedroom 2
- 9' 5" x 8' 5" (2.86m x 2.56m) - PVCu double glazed window to the rear elevation with an attractive open view over the surrounding area and main lawned garden. Laminate floor covering, fitted wall mounted cupboard and radiator.Bedroom 3
- 13' 1" x 5' 6" (3.99m x 1.68m) - with additional interconnecting door to bedroom one and is currently used as a young childs bedroom. PVCu double glazed window, open archway leading to a dressing area with fitted shelving and hanging rail.Bathroom
- 8' 11" x 6' 8" (2.72m x 2.04m) - Fitted with a quality white modern suite comprising a curved shower bath with central chrome mixer tap and fitted mains fed chrome shower over with curved glazed shower screen, inset wash hand basin with chrome mixer tap and close coupled WC. Three quarter tiled walls, chrome heated ladder towel rail, shaver point, inset ceiling downlighters, fully tiled floor and obscure PVCu double glazed window.Garden
- The garden is loosely divided into two separate areas, the main area offering a lawn with mature hedged and walled boundaries and a side patio area with brick built barbecue. Access is provided across the front elevation of the property where there are further patio areas which leads onto a courtyard garden which is an enclosed private area again with mature hedged and natural stone walled boundaries providing a secluded spot ideal for entertaining in clement weather. There is also potential within the garden areas to provide a driveway/parking facilities subject to gaining the usual permissions.Council Tax Band
On leaving our office in St Marychurch turn left and head down Manor Road. Continue through traffic lights onto St Marychurch Road and head through the shops. Shortly after passing Somerfield Supermarket turn right into Forest Road. Continue to the bottom of the hill and turn left into Upton Hill (opposite St James Primary School) and directly right into Thurlow Hill. Bookend House stands on the right hand side.