Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

Holiday home council tax in Perthshire

We are proposing to buy a home in Auchterarder and only living in it for a portion of the year, ie; April - Sept. Are we liable for the full years council tax or only the months we are living here? The home will not be rented out in our absence.

Asked on Oct 18 2011, General in Auchterarder | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0
  • Hi, For any questions in relation to council tax we would suggest that you get in contact with the local council for the area who will be able to advise you on what and your property is in and the charges. When in contact with the council it is best to state your situation as you may be entitled to discounts such as a 25% discount if you are the sole occupant.

    Answered on Sep 26 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Auchterarder questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General