Skip to main content Skip to footer

Requirements for Energy Performance Certificates when selling?

I am thinking of selling and confused as to when I need an Energy Performance certificate, indeed do I need one at all?

Asked on Nov 28 2011, General in Beccles | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 3 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • There have been a number of changes within EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) regulations over the last few years, this has caused consumers confusion. The current position is that if selling or renting a residential property the owner / landlord is under a legal requirement to order a DEA (Domestic Energy Assessor) to undertake an EPC on the property, the EPC must be available within 28 days of marketing, failure to produce leaves the sellers / landlord open to a daily fine of £200 per day until the EPC is available. It is anticipated that from April 2012 EPC’s will be required before the commencement of any marketing.

    Web reference:

    Answered on Nov 28 2011, Report content
  • Check with your local estate agent or indeed the agent you have chosen to sell your property.

    Answered on Nov 29 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Beccles questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General