Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

What can we do if we believe an estate agent has mal practiced

We are 2 1/2 months down the line with the purchase of a house in Birchington, Kent. Our buyer pulled out but we had another buyer of our current property. We asked the estate agent to hold on then 2 days later he had resold the property in Birchington and now won't speak to us. We are £700 out of pocket and have not yet been told the property is lost. Our solicitor tells us that we pulled out?. This has never been the case. Is there an Ombudsman that deals with this kind of thing?

Asked on Apr 12 2015, General in Birchington | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hey Joz! Ask for a final viewpoint form the agent in writing then if unhappy go to the ombudsman who is there for disputes. However, don’t forget the agent is there for the owner and has to act in their interests primarily. - Jeff Djevdet

    Answered on Apr 16 2015, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Birchington questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General