Skip to main content Skip to footer

Advice for couple moving from Northern Ireland to Birmingham and looking to rent a 1/2 bed property

I was wondering, as I am from Northern Ireland, and myself and my partner are not used to how things are done in England in regards to rent, water charges and council tax (and numerous other issues), would anyone have any advice for us as we move and look to rent a one or two bedroom property, near the university area. Any information or adice would be much appreciated.

Asked on Mar 3 2010, General in Birmingham | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0
  • Not an expert in the Birmingham market but can answer in general. When you rent a property in England, you will be responsible for all charges such as electrical bills, gas, water etc unless the property is stated as all inclusive of these (usually a shared property). You should bare in mind these extra costs and look at the EPC (should give you some idea of how energy efficient the flat is) which must be provided before you view the property as well as findng out what the council tax charge will be when working out your budgets.

    Answered on Mar 3 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Birmingham questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General