Skip to main content Skip to footer

What is the council tax band for 125 castle road ME4 5HY?

Asked on Jul 22 2013, General in Chatham | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Hi z2_ODA0Nzg2Y3lu, To find the tax band for any property in the UK, you need to visit the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) website. This is the organisation that values all homes as they would have been in 1991, and tax bands are calculated from this. A quick search on the body's website for the street you specified shows that the tax bands in it differ, most likely because there are different property types and sizes therein. Most of the homes in the street fall under band B, but there are also a number which are within A and C. For the particular home you are looking at, it falls under the large bulk of B band properties. A visit to the website of the local authority will show you what your tax bill would be for the year. Many thanks, Scott

    Answered on Jul 25 2013, Report content
  • Hi, For any queries in regards to council tax, we would advise that you speak to the local council for that area who will be able to provide you with details of what band the property is in and the costs for this. We would suggest when in contact with them that you state your full situation, such as if you are the sole occupant etc. as in that instance you would be eligible for a 25% deduction. I've attached a link which may be of help to you for the local council in your area. We hope this helps.

    Web reference:

    Answered on Oct 10 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Chatham questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General