Skip to main content Skip to footer

Can we buy the leasehold of our rural residential property and if so how long does it take and how do we go about it? Thanks

Wechave just completed on what we thought was our dream home, but the dream we had of extending the kitchen and because we are losing a large amount of the remaining outside space also wanted to build a roof terrace on top. We have consulted an architect who says planning permission should not be a problem as there are already 2 previous extensions and only 1 neighbour who is overlooked and we can start the roof terrace further back from the edge tobthis neighbour their privacy. Our problem is the leaseholder who's house is situated across a very large field from our house and which has no windows overlooking ours, but is saying they will not give their written permission to do the works as it will be an invasion of their privacy. We see the only way around it is if we could buy the lease. We neeed to know can we if so how long do we have to owned the property for and now do we go about it? Many thanks.

Asked on Jun 30 2011, General in Warrington | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 2 No 0
  • We can look to purchase the freehold with other leaseholders but you would need to speak to a specialist. I would suggest calling Simon Royal at Oyster Estates They have helped me in the past with purchasing and then managing a freehold.

    Answered on Jul 1 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Warrington questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General