Skip to main content Skip to footer

Where can I find details of disused mines?

Asked on Nov 24 2010, General in Derby | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0
  • The site below is useful for geting a broad brush environmental report including coal mining but a property specific report from Landmark or similar is to be recommended. If your property is in a coal mining area your solicitor should obtain a mining search from the Coal Authority. Coal though isn't the only type of mining/ quarrying (eg parts of Bath are over underground stone quarries!), also chalk/ limestone for cement, gravel, brick earth, iron, salt, kaolin, copper, precious metals etc may have been sought. can be a useful source of information.

    Answered on Nov 28 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Derby questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General