Skip to main content Skip to footer

I have a cat, an indoor cat so I need to find properties that allow pets?

I have a cat that stays indoors and never goes outside - can I apply to buy a property from over 55 housing associations? I need to know which ones allow pets.

Asked on Jan 17 2013, General in Derby | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Hi. It is always best to speak directly with each housing association. Many will state no children or pets. But a house cat is neither noisy or a nuisance to anyone. So speaking directly to the people, even if they state no pets, is the best way to go. ‘No pets’ is to limit noise from barking dogs or roaming cats etc. So as long as you can plead your case and assure them that your cat NEVER goes out, this ‘might’ make a difference. I don’t think anyone here will have the information you need. It would be best to make your own enquiries. Best of luck.

    Answered on Jan 18 2013, Report content
  • Try taking a look at the this link below. Set up by the Dogs Trust to help pet owners.

    Web reference:

    Answered on Feb 18 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Derby questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General