Skip to main content Skip to footer

How can I find council tax bands?

Asked on Mar 21 2013, General in Dunstable | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Http://

    Answered on Mar 22 2013, Report content
  • Hi whovian, There are two steps you will need to take in order to find out how much you will pay for your council tax on a property. First of all, as you mention, you need to know which band it falls under. All houses in England and Wales are calculated on their value (or predicted value) in 1991, with a band being assigned on a sliding scale from A (cheapest) to H (most expensive) from there. These totals are calculated by the Valuation Office Agency (VOA), and you can find out which band a particular property or street falls under by having a look at the governmental organisation's website. Click the link below to find the page you need. From there, you can find out the total charges for council tax by visiting the website of whichever council covers your area, where the prices will be broken down band by band. Many thanks, Scott

    Web reference:

    Answered on Mar 22 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Dunstable questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General