Skip to main content Skip to footer

How much is council tax on a 3 bedroom property in Potters Bar?

Asked on Aug 6 2013, General in Enfield | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Hi JamesBarfield, Council tax is actually calculated on a case by case basis for every home in England and Wales as opposed to just what size it is and where it's located (although these are obviously factors). Tax bands are worked out by assessing what each home was worth (or would have been worth) in 1991. This is carried out by the Valuations Office Agency, and you can see what band the property in question falls under by searching for the postcode on Once you know the band, go to the local council's website, and this should direct you to how much you will need to pay annually for council tax. many thanks, Scott

    Answered on Sep 6 2013, Report content
  • Hi, For any queries in regards to council tax, we would advice that you speak to the local council for that area who will be able to provide you with details of what band the property is in and the costs for this. We would suggest when in contact with them that you state your full situation, such as if you are the sole occupant etc as in that instance you would be eligible for a 25% deduction. We hope this helps.

    Answered on Jan 6 2014, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Enfield questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General