Skip to main content Skip to footer

Why are so many houses up for sale in Tylorstown, Ferndale?

Asked on Jul 21 2010, General in Ferndale | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0
  • The Rhondda consists of two valleys which converge at Porth. The larger valley has always seen 90% of investment and upgrades, the smaller gets the remaining 10%. Tylorstown is in that smaller valley, and like the rest of the villages in that valley, has always been lacking in facilities and shops. Work locally is extremely limited and low paid. This is why I personally moved out, and why many properties come up for sale. There is now a good road link to the M4 and Cardiff though, and in time the place could improve. But it's a vicious circle. No investment, no jobs, no people which means it's not worth investing again..... When I moved out and took a similar job elsewhere my wages almost tripled..

    Answered on Aug 18 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Ferndale questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General