Skip to main content Skip to footer

Council tax for holiday chalet

Would I have to pay council tax on a chalet if I bought it in Kedwelly holiday park?

Asked on Apr 10 2013, General in Ferryside | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hi Mary2010, If you are purchasing a chalet that is for use as a holiday home only, and it is located on a site where there are fees paid and the owners themselves pay overall council tax then as far as I am aware you will not be liable to pay it. If it is not your permanent residence, then you cannot really be charged council tax. However, if you plan to live on site as your primary and permanent residence within the chalet then you would be open to being charged council tax. These types of property normally fall under category A and you would most likely be able to apply for a discount. The main problem with living in a chalet will come from the fact it will be accessible only for shorter periods of the year. For example, most will shut in winter for maintenance, at which time the majority of residents will head off to other places. Many thanks, Scott

    Answered on Apr 18 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Ferryside questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General