Skip to main content Skip to footer

Unable to make my mortgage

My wife and I separated about a year ago, she wants nothing to do with the house and isn't fighting me for any rights to it. I was on track to getting her off the mortgage but was made unemployed in January this year, I'm now in arrears with the mortgage, thought of selling up as my girlfriend has said I can move in with her, but the cost of getting the house put on the market is £695 which being unemployed with no savings or income isn't viable....rock and a hard place springs to mind. Also if I get help with the mortgage I still have to come up with the short fall according to my lender. How I'm supposed to do that on job seekers allowance I just don't know. Any help would be valuable at this time.

Asked on May 11 2011, General in Leven | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 3 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • There are cheaper ways to sell your property. If you are planning to move in with your girlfriend maybe you could look at renting out your house - it could be that the rent will cover the mortgage.

    Answered on May 12 2011, Report content
  • I agree with the comment about renting your property. Go to an estate agents, if you explain your position they may be willing to put the initial fees on at the completion fee stage - providing you put it on the market at a sensible price.

    Answered on May 13 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Leven questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General