Skip to main content Skip to footer

Building problems before purchase

We would like to buy a flat that has been repossessed but it has a floor that has sunk. What means do we have to find out the cause before committing to a full survey as this will be very expensive? As it is a top floor flat it could affect the owner below which also could incur costs.

Asked on Jul 28 2010, General in Halesowen | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • I'm afraid given the problems you have described I would recommend before you do anything else a full survey is vital. In the long run several hundreds of pounds is far better than many thousands if you fail to fully establish the extent of any issues!

    Answered on Jul 29 2010, Report content
  • If you're sure there's nothing else wrong you can commision a survey from a chartered surveyor just for the floor ie not the whole flat + common parts. Please see RICS leaflet, link below. is a site where you can obtain quotes for surveys.

    Web reference:

    Answered on Jul 30 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Halesowen questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General