Skip to main content Skip to footer

I'm looking for a house and pay for it cash, what do I need to know/do for a safe transaction?

I'm coming from abroad an can literally choose anywhere in England but we are looking to be no further than 2 hours away from central London, any suggestions?

Asked on Feb 7 2010, General in Watford | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 2 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • You have nearly 2000 square miles to choose from then! This rule is pretty good. The closer you get to London, the more expensive it will be. Alot people choose to live 100 miles outside London and travel by train to London everyday. I think the most important question is, how often will you need to travel (to work I presume) and at that I assume it is London. How much budget do you have to spend? In terms of buying, the estate agent works for teh seller ..not the buyer. Once you have found a house, you need to know if it is structually sound and worth the money you are paying. These two services are provided by one professional ... the Chartered Surveyor. He or she will charge around £500 for their services .. worth every penny. The second is a solicitor. You can get a local surveyor from their professional body and the solicitor from Good luck

    Answered on Feb 7 2010, Report content
  • So long as you instruct a solicitor or licensed conveyancer to act on your behalf you can't go far wrong. They will ensure you only hand over money when the correct documentation is in place and teh property will legally be yours. You might also want to instruct a surveyor to check the property over, a job buyers usually leave their mortgage company to undertake if they are not cash.

    Answered on Mar 16 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Watford questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General