Skip to main content Skip to footer

Part exchange my flat for a house

Is it possible to part exchange a flat for a new build house? Obviously the house price would be in excess of the flat price. If so does anyone know which new house builders would do this?

Asked on Jan 4 2014, General in Holmfirth | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Hi, Yes, it is certainly possible to exchange your flat for a newly built home. It would just mean that if the price of your flat was less than the price of the house, then you would need to obtain a mortgage that would account for the difference in price between the two. In terms of finding a house builder that does this sort of deal, I've done an online search for you, and it seems that the vast majority offer a part exchange scheme of some sort, so it would just be a case of finding one that is building in your area. A selection of a few of the firms that do offer part exchange includes Persimmon, Barratt Homes, Charles Church, David Wilson Homes and Bellway among others. Many thanks, Scott

    Answered on Jan 20 2014, Report content
  • Hi, we have been looking into this recently. Wimpey, Persimmon, David Wilson, Charles Church and Gentoo are all building near us at the minute (North yorks/Teesside border) and they all do part ex but not on apartments. Its infuriating!!

    Answered on Apr 24 2014, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Holmfirth questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General