Skip to main content Skip to footer

Buying mums bungalow

If I bought mums bungalow, she is in an elderly persons home - residential. Could the government claim off me for her keep in the home?

Asked on Apr 26 2012, General in Holyhead | Report content

Answers (3)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • You would need to check with your local authority, they can advise whether this would be possible or not.

    Answered on Apr 26 2012, Report content
  • They could declare her bankrupt and the insolvency practioner could reverse the sale

    Answered on Apr 29 2012, Report content
  • The capital raised from the sale would be viewed as useable for paying her bills.There is a minimum she can keep before they stop claiming but its best to check with the local authority. They couldnt claim from you unless you have bought the property at too low a price,in which case they would come after you. A good IFA might be able to help you.

    Answered on May 2 2012, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Holyhead questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General