Skip to main content Skip to footer

Housing benefit clients.

Dss ok in Preston?

Asked on Mar 18 2010, General in Preston | Report content

Answers (3)

Was this question useful? Yes 3 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Depends on the agent, and also the guarantor...

    Web reference:

    Answered on Mar 19 2010, Report content
  • Best thing is to speak to the local athority or your local citizen advice bureau good luck

    Answered on Mar 22 2010, Report content
  • It is possible to rent whilst on state benifits. If you are renting from an agency, it is best to let them know as soon as you speak to them, and please also bear in mind that it isn't the agency that decides, it is the landlord whom has the option wheather to accept this or not. The 2 best options you have would be to pay a minimum of 6 months rent in advanse, which would solve the problem. The other option you have is to provide a UK Guarentor. The general outline for a UK guarentor is that they are over 25, they are a homeowner and generally earning around 36x the monthly rent. You could also go to private landlords and see if they would help... the final option you have is to get in touch with the citizens advice bureau, who will have a list of agencies/private landlords who will be willing to accept this. i hope this helps!!!

    Answered on Jan 20 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Preston questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General