Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

Can we apply a charge on a property?

Could we get a charge on a property we invested with - we have just found out the company we invested with is going to be dissolved in less than 2 months? The company did not notify us of this, we found out on our own as they are very late with repayment. We are having a hard time getting specifics from the company on much of anything. Can we apply for a charge after the fact? We feel like we are being scammed and are about to lose our investment.

Asked on Sep 7 2017, General in Leatherhead | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Possibly and possibly not depending on the paperwork. With a county court judgement you could apply for a charging order. As the sum involved maybe high I would suggest taking legal advise.

    Web reference:

    Answered on Sep 9 2017, Report content
  • Hello - I would suggest speaking to a good solicitor about the situation. Did you buy into a property company that was stating that it would invest your capital or did you invest directly into the property? If the latter is the case, do you have the property address (so it can be confirmed that you're name is on the Title Register)? If you could provide more specifics, that would be great.

    Answered on Sep 9 2017, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Leatherhead questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General