Skip to main content Skip to footer

As a leasehold owner in a block of flats am I responsible for costs towards the foul water pipe which sits outside of the block?

My management company to whom I pay a service charge are requesting I contribute to the cost of moving the Blocks Main Foul Water Pipe which runs through land behind the property on which the block of flats sits. Is this the management companys responsibility or that of the flat owners within the block?

Asked on Sep 20 2011, General in Lincoln | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Depends what is in your lease, best read through and take legal advice from a local solicitor.

    Answered on Sep 21 2011, Report content
  • As already suggested thumb through your lease and see what the small print says for maintenance and up keep of buildings. If you are still unhappy then contact the solicitor who dealt with your purchase to explain the situation and if you have an obligation. Good luck. Paul Flint

    Answered on Mar 5 2012, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Lincoln questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General