Skip to main content Skip to footer

What do you need if you are a first time buyer?

If I need paper and if I will get help from the goverment if I am a first time buyer and all if I need any papers to get a mortgage.

Asked on Apr 27 2010, General in London | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • You will need a good sized deposit, minimum of 10% of the purchase price but preferably more, a good credit history, stable full time permanent employment and a healthy salary. You can look as shared ownership as a way of getting your foot on the ladder and your local housing association will be able to help. If you would like independent financial advice I can recommend a fantastic broker.

    Answered on Apr 28 2010, Report content
  • You never get 10% on a re-sale home, but buying new houses is a really good way for first time buyers to own a property. New property offer some decent schemes for first time buyers, one of which is a low deposit.

    Answered on May 4 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General