Skip to main content Skip to footer

I need to get a valuation of my house from a date in 1990, which is not the original purchase date. Any idea how I can do that?

My ex-husband, who is British, bought our/my house in 1983. On our divorce, I was deeded the house in 1990. I don't believe a valuation was done at that time but I now need at least a rough valuation from that date due to an American tax issue which involves CGT.

Asked on Jun 16 2010, General in London | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • You will need to approach a Chartered Surveyor who will undertake what is known as a retrospective valuation. This is routine for them and given your situation I would recommend it is the most valid opinion. I can put you in touch with one who would be delighted to help.

    Answered on Jun 17 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General