Skip to main content Skip to footer

Shared Freehold - Management.

How would I go about finding out about a property management company for a three flat (Victorian conversion) house, shared freehold? At the moment I am unclear who is responsible for what etc. We're first time buyers and really do need all the help we can get!

Asked on Jun 30 2010, General in London | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0
  • You can ask one of the owners of the flats if they manage the house themselves or they have appointed a managing agent to do this for them. Normally if there was only 3 flats in the building everyone just gets together every 6 months to sort out what needs to be done I.E decorating the communal hall or painting the outside. If there is a managing agent involved then your solicitor when you are buying this property will enquire to them what the schedule of works are for the forthcoming year. Or they will write to the chairman of the maintenance company which could be a nominated flat owner in the block.

    Answered on Jun 30 2010, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General