Skip to main content Skip to footer

I'm a U.S. citizen and am wondering if i can rent a house or flat in the UK & if so, what procedures must i undertake?

Asked on Apr 29 2011, General in London | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Of course you can, you'll just be subject to the usual credit and reference checks, and any agreement will be subject to English Law.

    Answered on May 1 2011, Report content
  • You can rent in the UK, providing that you pass a credit check as per answer above. You will have to consider the following things - if you have been in the UK for less than 6 months, then you may be required to provide a UK guarantor (home owner in the UK and earning at least 36 times the monthly rent) or to pay a minimum of 6 months rent in advance. you will also be referenced.

    Answered on May 4 2011, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General