Skip to main content Skip to footer

Can my boyfriend stay as a guest for 3 months?

I am currently living in a 3 bedroom flat, all bills included. My boyfriend is on an internship in London and needs to stay with me for 3 months, seeing as this wouldn't affect our set paid amounts, could he stay in bedroom for an extended amount of time? He wouldn't be contributing towards bills as it is not a sublet it is just a guest. Many thanks.

Asked on May 2 2012, General in London | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • You can as long as you get your landlords permission. I think if you explain it to him and tell him it's only for a short time, then I don't see him having a problem.

    Answered on May 5 2012, Report content
  • Hi This should be totally fine as you are not subletting to him or receiving any payment in the form of rent and due to your current rent payments you are able to have people stay with you whenever you would like as it is your property for the tenancy. We would state that for this longer period though that you kindly inform the landlord of the situation, we are sure they will understand.

    Answered on Sep 26 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General