Skip to main content Skip to footer

I am a student and I need to rent a flat?

I am an overseas university student and I need a flat in Greenwich. Is it possible for me to rent a flat if I am using my parents documents?

Asked on Dec 17 2012, General in London | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hi Mikeamadeux What kind of documents exactly do you intend to use in your renting of a flat? If you are coming from overseas to rent a flat while you are studying in the UK, and you have not as of yet managed to secure a place of work, it will be important that you can provide details from your parents to say that they can afford to, and will, act as the guarantor for your rent payments. Some landlords might also ask for any previous references if you have held a tenancy back home in the past to make sure that you are a reliable tenant. However, what you might find most useful is to get in touch with the residences department at the university you will be attending, as they will be most likely to be able to help with your enquiry, by passing you through to landlords who rent specifically to students, as well as having information on the specific documentation you might need. Thanks, Scott

    Answered on Dec 21 2012, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General