Skip to main content Skip to footer

How can I find out council tax bands?

1 bed flat in Gainsford Street SE1 - any ideas and with single occupancy allowance?

Asked on Mar 13 2013, General in London | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • The link below is to the council which appears to look after SE1. In there at quick glance on the left hand side it appears to have links to sections relating to 'allowances', etc. so this should help. Thanks.

    Web reference:

    Answered on Mar 14 2013, Report content
  • Hi Mikerath, You can find out the tax band for properties in England and Wales by looking at the website for the Valuation Office Agency (VOA), which determines which tax band any house or flat comes under. A look on this website for the home you mention could be under any number of bands however, with properties in the area ranging all the way from B to G. Most are in E and F, and if you know the address, you can check it on the VOA website ( In terms of what you will pay, the website for the local authority can be found on the address given above. Follow the link below to see the specific charges for each tax band. (And for your single occupancy discount, you will get 25 per cent off the overall cost!) Many thanks, Scott

    Web reference:

    Answered on Mar 14 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General