Skip to main content Skip to footer

I need help, I don't know what to do

Hi, me and my husband we rent a flat from the agency, after 2 months of problem and arguing we decided to divorce, now I want to stay in the flat with my 3 girls, I am not working and I don't know if my landlord accepts DSS and I don t have money to pay the rent, if he accept DSS I will be ok, but if he didn't accept what I can do? Please advise me what I can do. Thank you .

Asked on Sep 17 2013, General in London | Report content

Answers (2)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • Hello , as long as you / or your husband were working when you got the flat then you are ok - you dont even have to tell the landlord that you are receiving benefit as it will come straight to you - even if you do tell the landlord then you should be fine as noone can predict what will happen to someone - the only way he can get you out is if you stop paying the rent for more than 2 months consecutively - worst case scenario is he wont want to renew your contract when it comes up for renewal.

    Answered on Sep 18 2013, Report content
  • Hi, Most reasonable landlords would accept payments made via their local council on your behalf as long as you have been a good tenant in the short time you have been in the property and are taking good care of it. We would suggest you speak to your landlord further to see what your situation is. We hope this helps.

    Answered on Sep 19 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General