Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

Am I liable?

I share the ownership of freehold on my flat. A Victorian terrace conversion into 2 flats. I own the top flat, however the bottom flat needs structural work in the basement. I am liable for this too?

Asked on Mar 8 2014, General in London | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • It would be something you would be liable for as you own a share of the building. If the building was to fall down due to subsidence then it would affect you - its also if there was an issue with the roof the ground floor flat would be responsible for half the cost as well as in the long run would affect them if there was a lease. I would say thought to check your lease as well - all share of freehold flats have a lease attached to the property, so worth a look to make sure there are no details in there relating to split of works which may have something different in there!

    Answered on Mar 8 2014, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General