Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

Difficulties in paying mortgage payments

I'm struggling to cope up with my monthly mortgage payments, can some one advise where I can find an adviser relating to my problem.

Asked on Jun 30 2014, General in London | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 1 No 0
  • Hi David, Really sorry to hear about your difficulties. There are a couple things you can try doing. First is to call your bank and explain your situation to them. Banks sometimes provide an reduced payment for a set period like 6 months. This depends on your circumstances. Secondly, try getting a lodger. Whilst not always ideal, this is a great way to find extra funds to help with the mortgage payments. If you are facing repossession and have a couple months to act, you can try selling the property with a local estate agent. If repossession is immediate, you can sell a property with a home buyers company in which case they can postpone the repossession order with a purchase agreement. I hope this helps David and best of luck. Hope you get sorted. John

    Web reference:

    Answered on Jun 30 2014, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General