Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

What does a solicitor do when selling a home?

I'm thinking about moving soon and my sister tells me I'll need a solicitor. What is a solicitor, is it a kind of lawyer?

Asked on Sep 8 2016, General in London | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hi Nick. In the UK, a solicitor is someone who is qualified to deal with legal matters, such as the drawing up of wills or the transfer of a property deed. To sell a home, you'll need to undergo a process called 'conveyancing', where you have a solicitor or conveyancer create and administer the legal documents that let you transfer the ownership of your property. You can get some more information on solicitors and their fees - as well as some other fees associated with buying a new home - in the article below. Many thanks, Dan

    Web reference:

    Answered on Sep 12 2016, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General