Skip to main content Menu with new notification Skip to footer

About Stamp Duty changes

Please let me know if you can clarify this specific case regarding new stamp duty fees: - foreigner (EU citizen not UK resident). - UK landlord in the past (not owning any property at the moment). - Looking to but-to-let residential investment 400-450k value. Which stamp duty I must pay in case? New fees list says 5% +3% but I don't understand if +3% fee will apply or not. They say will apply if you own more than one property or get a but-to let investment BUT not if you are a first time buyer and do buy-to-let investment.. I'm confused which category I belong to. Please only reply if you are sure about this specific case. Thank you, regards

Asked on Sep 21 2017, General in London | Report content

Answers (1)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0
  • Hello Dana - If you are looking to purchase a buy-to-let property (that is not your main residence) then you will have to pay the Stamp Duty surcharge.

    Answered on Sep 23 2017, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in London questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General