Skip to main content Skip to footer

How do I find the council tax band for a certain property?

My son is looking to rent in Manchester and we are trying to calculate the council tax due on various properties

Asked on Oct 19 2010, General in Manchester | Report content

Answers (3)

Was this question useful? Yes 0 No 0

Sort by: Oldest | Recent | Highest rated

  • I use the site in the link below, it's usually pretty accurate. Alternatively you could contact your local council offices and give them the property details. That way they can tell you how much it is on a yearly and monthly basis, rather than just the banding.

    Web reference:

    Answered on Oct 21 2010, Report content
  • I would recommend the local authority or indeed their website would be a good starting point.

    Answered on Oct 21 2010, Report content
  • Hi, For any questions in relation to council tax we would suggest that you get in contact with the local council for the area who will be able to advise you on what and your property is in and the charges. When in contact with the council it is best to state your situation as you may be entitled to discounts such as a 25% discount if you are the sole occupant.

    Answered on Sep 26 2013, Report content

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question

More General in Manchester questions on AskMe

See more AskMe Q&A about General